New BETA with improvements based on your feedback!
We’ve been working on several fixes and improvements based on your feedback over the past few weeks. This was why we didn’t run a closed beta test last weekend. This weekend’s test will include the following changes.
- Lots of you have found the implementation of the grapple frustrating. We’ve added new sound effects and visual cues to better telegraph the move to players. During this more obvious signal, you now have a clearer window of opportunity to parry this move with a strike.
- We’ve added more character information to allow you to better understand the abilities and skills unique to your chosen Raider. You can access this anytime in game by pressing D-Pad up on your controller or “1” if your using keyboard and mouse.
- We’e adjusted the camera control when your character is wounded. It’s now much easier to control your character and the camera, giving you better chances of survival.
- We’ve made changes to the UI/HUD to make it easier to access the solo and matchmaking modes. In addition, we hope the rewards interface is clearer now.
- We’ve added more information to the quick guide section. In particular, there is a detailed explanation on how to mange your characters profile, create a new build and a beginners section that outlines how to handle your first contact with the game.
- We’ve improved the matchmaking system. You should find matches quicker, be paired with players of more equal skill and much better management of Antagonist appearance rates.
- We’ve added more content including new player skins. Please note these are work in progress with many effects not yet implemented but we thought you might like to check them out regardless.
- We’ve balanced weapons with many improvements based on your feedback.
- General bug fixes and stability issues have been fixed.
Thanks to everyone who posts their feedback and comments in the Raiders Hangout. This is really helping us to improve the game and hopefully you will see some of that this weekend when we resume the closed beta. Our servers will once again open this weekend Saturday 10th from 09.00 until Sunday 11th at 19.00 (Europe CEST). Our US servers will open from Saturday 10th at 09.00 until Sunday 11th at 19.00 EST.
We have many new players coming on stream for this session and we welcome you the Broken Planet! We recommend you start in solo mode and learn your chosen characters idiosyncrasies and the games basic systems before jumping in head first into the multiplayer mayhem! Remember, as your skill improves in multiplayer, an Antagonist can jump into your mission. So make sure you are ready, as no mercy will be shown!
See you this weekend, Raiders!